Monday, October 26, 2009

NOTIONS

One girl says, "Gosh, he smokes a lot. I’ll have to change this habit after marriage atleast", the other "I'm so embarrassed after telling so much, yet my husband's not stopped drinking... "

Hope you got what I've to say. Yes, these are the routine complains of any girl.

My dad is an ex-serviceman and has served his 15 years of life for Air-Force, India. It's always been a boon for me, for being brought up in such an amazing environment. The Air-Force Commandment, the Air-Force School, Air-Force Quarters, transfers, vacations back in native... wow, the very sense of these things make me so thrilled about it.

Being a Defence Personnel either in Army, in Air-Force or Navy is been so respectful for any self. And for people in general the very thought that clicks listening this would be Uniform, Graded Lifestyle and not to forget, Liquor(Drinks). Yes, any defence personnel or ex-serviceman gets this on a tax-free rate. Whatever reason, but without commenting let’s get back to the topic readers.... he he..

I don't feel ashamed of telling my dad drinks or smokes, as I've grown up seeing my dad doing this. And most importantly on a disciplined manner. It is an undeniable part of enjoyment and routine life. At most he drinks two pegs on a weekend night sitting along with us. And I respect this as he will not be called a drunkard for this by any chance. He's almost 50 and still stiff and strong. Any day he sees his tummy a little front, he would ensure he takes two rounds of Lalbagh, lol. Yes, too much I'm disclosing about my dad na.. Enough now, before my dad yells ;)

My colleagues, even male, have an objection to this every time I say that its fine when in control. But this is the truth. And everybody reading this has to understand that these are the habits which have become part of our lifestlye. At most what we can do is have a control over it.

Everyone has a different notion and arguments on this too. As many parents, wives or girl-friends are very cool on this, the other part of same generations have different thought. Here I conclude, by saying be cool until it’s under control, but never allow it further.

This post of mine is completely based on my thoughts. With due respect to whatever anybody has to comment, let it be only as a comment under my post.

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of difference between social drinking and drinking as if there is no tomorrow (everyday). The latter is the class called 'Drunkards' class. Though I haven't gulped alcohol in my life yet, my friends/colleagues always respect me for what I am and so do I. Even when we go for outings, some people drink, but that is perfectly fine as long as it happens occasionally.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME TO COMMENT!!!